Chocolate Coconut Macaroon Oats are an easy, healthy, and filling breakfast bowl. Creamy, chocolate-y, coconut-y – like having a bowl of dessert for breakfast!
I’m a huge fan of oatmeal bowls to start the day. They’re so filling and satisfying – great when you’re hungry for more than a smoothie and/or craving sweet over savory. The flavor and topping options are endless!
I’m also a huge fan of chocolate for breakfast. This oatmeal bowl combines two of my favorite sweet flavors – chocolate & coconut – for a little dessert for breakfast!
Don’t skip the toppings! I top mine with sliced banana, almonds, chia seeds, chocolate chips, and additional shredded coconut. They add so much texture and flavor.
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup quick-cooking steel cut oats
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- shredded coconut, for topping
- chocolate chips, for topping
- raw almonds, for topping
- chia seeds, for topping
- banana slices, for topping
- Combine water, oats, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to medium and stir in cocoa powder. Let simmer, uncovered, 5-10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and oats reach desired consistency.
- Off heat, stir in shredded coconut, maple syrup, and vanilla. Top with additional shredded coconut, chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, and fruit, if desired. Enjoy!