Classic Guacamole is, well, a classic recipe – tomatoes & red onion add crunch, cilantro & lime provide bright freshness, and jalapeño adds a little heat. Easy, one bowl recipe perfect for every day snacking!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
This is my favorite guacamole. It’s full of crunchy texture from the addition of tomatoes and red onion and all the classic flavors of a good guacamole – garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime.
Yum. Yum. Yum.
My best ever guacamole couldn’t be easier. All ingredients go in one bowl and you’ve got the ultimate party dip/appetizer/snack!
Pro tip – use a potato masher to mash your avocados to desired chunkiness level! Makes the job faster and easier than trying to mash with a fork or spoon.
I highly recommend slicing some cucumbers and any other veggies you prefer for dipping. Don’t let chips have all the fun! A veggie & guacamole tray is a great addition to bring some freshness and serious nutrition to any party/picnic/tailgate spread!
- 2 ripe avocados
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds & membrane removed & finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados with lime juice. I like to use a potato masher for the job!
- Add tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips and/or veggies for dipping.