Frozen Chocolate Dipped Banana Bites are a cool and healthy summer treat! Banana slices are topped with peanut butter or coconut butter, covered in chocolate, and sprinkled with flaky sea salt and/or shredded coconut.
Chocolate + banana = LOVE.
It’s as basic at 1 +1 = 2, right?!
In the spirit of summer and no-bake desserts, we’re taking this classic combo FROZEN!
Ever have a frozen chocolate dipped banana pop? These bites are just like that, except bite-size and with the addition of a peanut butter or coconut butter layer.
Banana slices are topped with a bit of peanut or coconut butter, frozen, then coated in melted chocolate. I mean…😍! A sprinkle of shredded coconut or flaky sea salt finishes them off (and helps ya differentiate if you make both flavor varieties, like I did!)
I have to admit, the peanut butter and flaky sea salt combo was my favorite of the two because it’s the PERFECT sweet/salty bite. But if you’re obsessed with coconut butter (like I have been, lately), you’re going to want to try the coconut version as well!
Good luck not eating them all at once!
- 1 medium banana, cut into ½ inch round slices
- natural peanut butter, for topping
- coconut butter, for topping
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- flaky sea salt, for topping, optional
- unsweetened shredded coconut, for topping, optional
- Arrange banana slices on freezer-safe plate. Top each banana slice with ¼ teaspoon of either peanut butter or coconut butter. Freeze until firm, 2 hours or overnight.
- Working quickly with a spoon, coat each banana slice in melted chocolate. Before chocolate hardens, sprinkle with sea salt or shredded coconut.
- Return to freezer for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is hardened.