Cherry Berry Banana Beet Smoothie is creamy and sweet with a slightly earthy finish from the addition of red beets. A perfectly pink smoothie that can be enjoyed for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
As much as I love all my green smoothie concoctions, sometimes you just need a pretty fruit smoothie!
This Cherry Berry Banana Beet Smoothie, or CB3 for short as my dude coined it, is creamy and sweet – but not too sweet! The sweetness from the cherries, strawberries, and banana is rounded out with a bit of subtle earthiness from the addition of red beets.
In an effort to incorporate a greater variety of produce in my diet, I like to keep packages of pre-steamed & peeled red beets on hand to toss in smoothies. You should be able to find them in the produce aisle of most grocery stores. I purchase mine at Trader Joe’s – they’re the “Steamed & Peeled Baby Beets.”
Easy, convenient, and less mess than prepping and cooking beets yourself!
Enjoy this smoothie for breakfast or as a snack/dessert whenever you’re in need of a natural sweet fix!
- 2 cups milk of choice (I use almond or pecan milk)
- 2 cups strawberries
- 6 pre-steamed & peeled baby red beets
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup frozen, pitted cherries
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend on medium speed 30 seconds to 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour in two glasses, garnish with strawberries if desired, and enjoy!