Chocolate Baked Oatmeal feels like a decadent breakfast, but still made with good for you ingredients! A great option for brunch and holidays!
Chocolate for breakfast? Yes, please!
My favorite ways to eat oats, in no particular order, are: overnight, baked, and with chocolate. I shared a recipe for chocolate mocha oats way back when on Instagram that is seriously like eating a bowl of chocolate pudding for breakfast. SO good.
I wanted to re-create those same flavors in casserole form – perfect for sharing with a crowd at brunch and holiday breakfasts!
This Chocolate Baked Oatmeal is delicious warm or cold – my family LOVED the leftovers straight out of the fridge!
Top with a hint of red pom seeds and green pistachios, as I did, for the holidays or try extra chocolate chips and nut butter drizzled on top. Either way, you can’t go wrong!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1T instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2c almond milk
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- chopped pistachios & pomegranate seeds, for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Transfer oat mixture to a greased 8×8 baking pan. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of baked oatmeal comes out clean.
- Top with chopped pistachios and pomegranate seeds, if desired. (Drizzled nut butter & a sprinkle of extra chocolate chips is also good!) Serve warm.