Coconut Flour Pumpkin Harvest Bread is a healthier treat (gluten-free, naturally sweetened) and full of fall flavor perfect for breakfast or dessert! Think pumpkin, bananas, maple syrup, pecans, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, plus chia seeds & ground flax for extra omega-3 fats.
It’s the season of pumpkin flavored everything!
Coconut Flour Pumpkin Harvest Bread is the first (of many) pumpkin recipes out of my kitchen this year! This bread is like a cross between pumpkin loaf and banana bread. It’s super moist with lots of other goodies thrown in – chopped pecans, chia seeds, ground flax, dried cranberries, and topped with pumpkin seeds.
Using coconut flour makes this bread gluten-free and it contains no refined sugars, making it a-okay for friends restricting gluten and sugar to enjoy, too!
I don’t always bake gluten-free, but I like the idea of using coconut flour in baked goods. It packs more nutrition than all-purpose flour, adding an extra boost of fiber, healthy fat, and protein to whatever you use it in.
It’s also super absorbent, so when baking with it, you don’t use nearly as much compared to other flours. (Note – coconut flour can NOT be subbed in 1 for 1 for other flours. If you want to try baking with coconut flour, it’s best to use a recipe designed for coconut flour or consult a gluten-free baking substitution guide.)
You can read more about cooking with coconut flour and its nutritional benefits here.
I loved having a slice of this bread when I needed a little something sweet post-lunch or dinner. It was equally as good for breakfast with a cup of coffee.
I hope you give this recipe a try, and if you do, be sure to share on social media and tag #heartandstoverecipes so I can see your creations!
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted (I like Kerrygold)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- ½ cup chopped raw pecans
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine bananas, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, and butter. Add coconut flour, chia, flax, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and stir until just combined.
- Fold in pecans and cranberries. Transfer to loaf pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan ~15 minutes, then lift parchment paper to remove bread from pan. Finish cooling on a wire rack.