Iced Oatmeal Raisin Granola Bars – Chewy and studded with raisins, these homemade granola bars have all the flavors of the classic oatmeal cookie!
While there are a lot of healthy granola/energy bars on the market these days (so many flavors! so convenient!), I think homemade granola bars taste best. Plus, like anything you make at home, you’re in control of the ingredients, which can equate to a better-for-you bar!
Homemade granola bars are also a big money saver, since some brands cost up to $3 per bar! Yowl – that’s a snack that really adds up.
Here, I took my favorite flavors from oatmeal cookies and turned them into a raw bar perfect for on-the-go breakfasts and snacks.
Making your own granola bars is as easy as mixing a few pantry ingredients and then pressing the mixture into a parchement-lined square pan…
Then slicing into bars…
You can stop here, but if you think the granola bars are looking a little plain at this point, you’re going to want to melt some coconut butter and drizzle all over the tops of your granola bars.
Voila! Instant sugar-free icing!
If you like more protein in your granola bars, try adding a few scoops of collagen powder to the mix!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut butter, melted
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, rice cereal, raisins, chia seeds, flax, sea salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, combine rice syrup and peanut butter. Heat until melted and pourable, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture, quickly stirring to evenly combine. Use a spatula to scrape sides of bowl if needed.
- Press mixture into parchment lined pan. With wet hands, lightly press the top to ensure an even, compact layer.
- Refrigerate 15-30 minutes till firm, then lift parchment from pan and cut square in half, then cut in rows to equal 10 bars.
- Melt coconut butter and drizzle over the tops of granola bars.
- Store in airtight container up to 1 week. Can also keep in the fridge and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before eating.