Pecan Nut Butter Ball is an all natural, sweet/salty nut butter treat perfect for spreading on sliced apples. DIY pecan butter is flavored with dates, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sea salt. A healthy snack and dessert option!
I’ve seen a lot of tutorials on making your own nut butter. It really is as simple as tossing some raw nuts in a food processor and letting it churn into butter. I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to give it a try!
Pecans went into my favorite food processor…
And voila! Five minutes or so later, I had pecan butter!
I sweetened my pecan butter with a date and added vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sea salt. The result is a sweet and salty combo that makes the perfect spread for fruit!
I love eating this with apple slices. Satisfies the sweet tooth without any guilt for dessert!
I was feeling fancy and rolled my pecan nut butter into a ball and decorated it with additional chopped pecans. It makes a pretty presentation to serve at parties! But if you just want a stash of pecan nut butter on hand, you can certainly skip rolling it into a ball and simply transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store in the fridge.
- 2 cups raw pecan halves
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped, for rolling
- Add pecans to bowl of food processor fitted with blade attachment. Process pecans about 5 minutes, pausing every 2 minutes or so to scrape sides and bottom of bowl, until nuts form a paste.
- Add date, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt to food processor and process another 1-2 minutes. Pecan butter should pull into a ball.
- Remove pecan mixture from bowl and roll into a smooth ball using hands.
- Roll ball in chopped pecans and serve with sliced apples.
This post contains affiliate links.