Pesto Zoodles with Roasted Broccoli and Crispy Potatoes
Pesto Zoodles with Roasted Broccoli and Crispy Potatoes is a meatless main FULL of flavor! Zoodles, roasted broccoli, and crispy yellow potatoes are tossed in a cilantro/parsley/pine nut/pepita pesto sauce. A great Meatless Monday option!
True story – I didn’t know I liked pesto till I whipped up this zoodle dish (surely, you’ve read about my love for zoodles before) a few weeks ago!
This super flavorful pesto – made from cilantro, parsley, pine nuts, pepitas, parmesan, and garlic (aka what I happened to have on hand when I decided to try my hand at pesto HAHA) – comes together in seconds with the help of a food processor.
Seriously, guys. It couldn’t be easier.
Now because I could talk all day about texture of foods (I like TONS of different textures in my dishes), I roasted baby yellow potatoes (crispy, buttery) and broccoli (savory) to throw into the mix.
Not to mention, upping the veggie quotient is always a good thing!
I like when my zoodles retain some crunch, so I toss the roasted veggies right on top of the raw zoodles and let their heat kind of “cook” my zoodles. If you prefer a softer/cooked zoodle, simply toss the mixture into a skillet and warm over medium heat for a few minutes to let everything soften up.
Either way tastes good!
Top with more parmesan cheese, if desired. I didn’t photograph any lemon with this dish, but I like a squeeze of lemon juice or a sprinkle of lemon zest on top of my pesto zoodles with roasted broccoli and crispy potatoes. Highly recommend!
Happy Meatless Monday!
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 3 tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 cups baby yellow potatoes, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium bunch broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces (about 3 cups broccoli florets)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large zucchini (or 2 small)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- additional parmesan and/or lemon juice/zest, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss chopped baby yellow potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and spread on a sheet pan. On a separate sheet pan, toss broccoli florets with 1 tbsp olive oil and spread out. Roast the potatoes in oven 10 minutes, then add broccoli to oven and roast potatoes and broccoli additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spiralize zucchini and set aside.
- Toast pine nuts & pepitas in a small saute pan over medium-low heat 3-5 minutes, stirring often. Keep an eye on these because they can burn quickly!
- In food processor, combine cilantro, parsley, toasted pine nuts & pepitas, garlic, and salt. Pulse till finely chopped. With the food processor still running, add olive oil until well blended and pesto ingredients are pureed. Stir in parmesan cheese.
- In large bowl, toss zucchini noodles with roasted broccoli, potatoes, and pesto.
This page contains affiliate links. As always, I only share products I personally use and enjoy.