Treat a dog in your life to this Peanut Butter, Banana, Coconut Pup Cake! Made with wholesome ingredients, it’s the perfect, homemade snack for puppy celebrations.
If baking treats for your dog makes me a crazy dog lady and Max a spoiled rotten dog, then… I don’t know where I’m going with this. I AM a crazy dog lady and Max IS a spoiled rotten dog!
Max turned 8 last month and I baked him this peanut butter, banana, and coconut pup cake to celebrate his special day. I think he liked it, as evidenced by the photos below!
Baking for Max is SO satisfying because I have control over every ingredient that goes into his treats! Plus, he loves everything I make! Such an easy palate to please. 😉
P.S. Human friends can enjoy this pup cake, too! It just won’t be as sweet as a non-canine intended treat.
A little lick and sniff…
Yep, that’s good. I’ll take the whole piece.
- 1 cup oat flour
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- additional peanut butter & coconut for "icing" drizzle & "sprinkles", optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine oat flour, oats, and coconut in a small bowl and set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir together coconut oil, peanut butter, mashed banana, egg, and vanilla extract until well mixed..
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Transfer batter to a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top. Let cake cool 15 minutes in pan, then remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Drizzle with additional melted peanut butter (30 seconds in the microwave to make it drippy!) & extra coconut when cake is completely cooled, if desired.